Work and Travel Australia
Looking to live in and work in Australia?
Ready for you backpacking experience of a lifetime down under? Taking a Gap Year to work and travel to Australia? Keep reading you’ll love it!
This introduction to Sydney offers an eight-day, seven-night trip that will include exploration and beach adventures. This experience is an excellent chance to introduce yourself to Ozzie culture and to get started on your trip of a lifetime. Set in one of the world’s most stunning harbours, Sydney extends north and south along the coast in a chain of gold-sand beaches. The city is laid back, and the locals enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle that is complimented by the beauty of the surroundings.
Sydney is truly Australia’s global city and its wide-ranging culture, dynamic food scene, and vibrant city-scape all make it stand out as a destination to appeal to anyone. The Sydney package is run by an awesome group of leaders who will guarantee that you’ll have an amazing time, whilst getting to know the culture. You’ll cruise Sydney Harbour, see dolphins, sandboard, meet kangaroos and koalas, and even get the chance to try out a Sydney Party Bus Pub Crawl.
Services Included in this Package:
- Airport Shuttle Transfer
An airport shuttle will be provided and a voucher will be supplied for you to present to the driver at the airport. The instructions on the voucher will explain in depth what to do and where to go once landed.
- Hostel Accommodation at WakeUp-You’ll be staying at WakeUp – voted the best backpacker hostel in Australia. Everything is pre-arranged so your check-in will be quick & easy.
- 12-Month Job Service with Travellers At Work
- Travellers At Work (TAW) is Australia’s leading job network for travellers in Australia. Hundreds of jobs are available nationwide, with new jobs added daily. Customers receive TAW Membership with job offers from all over Australia. Other benefits include:
- Access TAW’s online database of jobs all over Australia
- Receive daily email updates of new job vacancies
- Create online resumes, apply for jobs easily online on your phone, tablet or pc
- Make profile available to be found by employers
- Resume Review Service
- An impressive CV / Resume will greatly increase your chance of finding work fast. The Job Consultants at Travellers At Work will be available to review your CV / Resume and provide recommendations for any essential improvements required.
Just Arrived’ Info Session
- Our Work & Travel Experts will provide an ‘all you need to know’ overview of living, travelling, working and partying in Australia! We will answer any questions and explain in detail everything you need to know to get the most of your adventure in Oz.
- 12-Months Mail Service-Every traveller in Australia needs a fixed mailing address. It’s essential to set up your Tax File Number, bank account and Medicare (if eligible) and a great way for family/friends to send you letters and parcels.
Just to name a few of the great services included in the Sydney Intro.
Monday- Meet your group
On Monday you will meet your group. Local leaders will explain everything you need to know about your trip before organising your bank details, tax file numbers and your mobile SIM. After that, you’ll take a guided walking tour of the city, including a trip around Circular Quay, Sydney Harbour Bride, the Royal Opera House and Botanic Gardens. In the evening you will enjoy a welcome dinner where you will meet and get to know your fellow travelers.
Tuesday- Info and Cruise
Start your day with a meeting where you will be given detailed information about your work and travel opportunities in the country. Everything will be explained to you and any questions you might have can be answered by the knowledgeable team. After this information session you’ll go on a cruise of Sydney Harbour where you’ll be able to check out the famous sites like Darling Harbour, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Luna Park, Watson’s Bay and, of course, the world famous Sydney Opera House.
On Wednesday you will depart Sydney and make for Basecamp, located north in an area famous for its stunning beaches, sund dunes and Oz wildlife. Basecamp is just a five minute walk from the back and is also home to Josie, a tame kangaroo who lives on the property. Check out the beach and the landscape before relaxing in the evening.
Sand-boarding’s next. Jump in a 4WD and head out to the sand dunes to give this exhilarating activity a try. Then you will take a guided bushwalk to our favourite lookout, where you’ll see stunning scenery with the chance to go koala spotting and whale watching too. In the evening you’ll enjoy a proper Australian BBQ with drinks around the campfire.
Friday- Dolphin cruise
On Friday you’ll go on an amazing dolphin watching cruise where you’ll get the chance to spot Bottlenose Dolphins in their natural environment. Often you’ll also get a chance to spot whales and turtles, so it’s best to keep your eyes peeled! After the cruise you’ll head to the beach for a relax and a swim before you’re taken back to Sydney. Check into your hostel and spend the rest of the day as you’d please, whether that be relaxing or sightseeing!
Saturday is the time for fun. Get dressed up and then go and meet your group. Together you’ll to one of our favourite bars before heading out on our Sydney Pub Crawl. You’ll visit 4 bars where you’ll get free drinks at each. Enjoy your night and really drink in the nightlife that Sydney has to offer.
Sunday- Beach Day
On Sunday you’ll take a tour of Sydney’s cliff-top coastline, from Coogee down to Bondi. This is the perfect way to relax after an incredible night out.
Optional – If you plan to stay and work in Sydney for a while, you’ll save money and make great friends in a shared house. We’ll help you beat the rush of thousands of other travelers on our tour of furnished share houses by the beach, inner city and all of Sydney’s top locations.
- 5-nights at WakeUp Sydney, one of the world’s best hostels and right in the heart of the city
- 2-nights at Basecamp, 5min walk from the beach
Trip Country Info
Australia is the most popular gap year holiday & travel destination in the world with a number of diverse locations where Australia gap year adventures, volunteer work and road trips can be undertaken. It is an island continent and the world’s sixth largest country, with a population of roughly 22.7 million people. Lying between the Indian and Pacific oceans, the country is approximately 4,000 km from east to west and 3,200 km from north to south, with a coastline 36,735 km long. There are some stunning natural wonders you can take in when enjoying a gap year holiday in Australia such as The Great Barrier Reef and Uluru (Ayers Rock) as well as some man made ones like the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Australia’s first inhabitants, the Aboriginal people, are believed to have migrated from some unknown point in Asia to Australia between 50,000 and 60,000 years ago. Australian culture is as broad and varied as the country’s landscape. Australia is multicultural and multiracial and this is reflected in the country’s food, lifestyle and cultural practices and experience. If you are looking for a gap year holiday in Australia, working whilst travelling or are considering volunteer work in Australia have a look at our latest gap experiences below or contact us for more information.
Participant Criteria & Requirements
No requirements have been provided.
No requirements have been provided.
- 12 months of job offers and year round support
- Bank Account
- Bar Skills Course
- Group Leaders
- Introduction week
- Medicare Assistance
- Mobile SIM
- Travelers Discount Card
- Welcome BBQ
What's not included
- Meals and drinks not listed in the trip itinerary
- Travel insurance